This is Olivia. She is a Princess.

This is Olivia.  She is a Princess.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Puny Princess

I have a puny princess on my hands. She had been sick with the viral infection that Max and I had, but was feeling better. Then, yesterday, she woke up feeling bad and slept for 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon. She never sleeps in the daytime. This morning, she snuggled up to me for reading and brought a big blanket because she was freezing. She is never freezing. I got the thermometer, checked and her temp was nearing 100 degrees. A new fever on day 7 of an illness is never good, so off we went to see Dr. Spencer.

Turns out, she has sinus and ear infections. Yes, as in TWO ear infections. He said one was really bad, the other was just getting there. He was glad I brought her in because she could have been really sick within 24 hours. We got her there in time to avoid pneumonia and pink eye. Her right eye looks bad, but is not pink eye yet, and her lungs are still clear. I had no idea that you could get pink eye from infected sinuses. I figured they were separate germs, but he assured me that she would have had pink eye (and probably pneumonia) soon if not treated. He is a very calm fella, but really freaked me out with the talk of how serious this all is. And to think that it started 24 hours ago! This is a fast-moving germ.

So, she is on strict orders to rest and drink fluids. We stopped at the library on the way home and got her a big bag of books and DVDs to enjoy, and picked up 5 kinds of juice while we were at Randalls to get her Rx. Right now, she's wearing her J.Lo jammies, playing SpongeBob on Playstation, drinking apple cider. She did get to go outside for just a few minutes to use her new Klutz bubble wand and solution recipe that she got with her Borders gift card from Aunt Ronya and Uncle Jim, but is back on the couch now.

I'll send out updates as necessary. I expect her to feel like a different person by this time tomorrow, with 24 hours of antibiotics at work.

No comments: