This is Olivia. She is a Princess.

This is Olivia.  She is a Princess.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Cursive

I hope this image is big enough that you can see it. This is HRH's handwriting sheet for today. Isn't it great!? We are using the Getty-Dubay italic style handwriting, so their cursive is a little different than "traditional" cursive. I like it because I think it's closer to the combination of print and cursive that most people actually use everyday, and the cursive letters look basically the same as their printed counterparts. Like the "z" above. It's much easier for her to learn to add serifs to the printed "z" than to make the loopy cursive "z" we are all used to.

But, I digress...the point of the post is to show off how beautiful her handwriting is. And how willingly and sweetly she did it. It thrills me to see her getting past her fear of writing.

No comments: