This is Olivia. She is a Princess.

This is Olivia.  She is a Princess.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Feeling better!

HRH seems to be feeling better today. I know she's still tired, and doesn't feel like her old self, but I can see improvement. The cough is becoming more productive, and she has more energy today. Right now, she's having a lunch of fish fillets, mac & cheese and peas, along with white-grape-peach juice. (p.s. per HRH, the mac & cheese does NOT taste good...not sure if it's a little stale, or if that's the phlegm talking)

We had one of those great homeschool moments today, so I have to share. You remember the handwriting dramas. The weeping. The gnashing of teeth. The whole nine yards. Well, we have finally started cursive. AND SHE LOVES IT!

Today, I asked her to do a practice sheet while I fixed lunch. I went to check on her and she had a surprise for me. She was doing a second sheet! Unasked! Because she WANTED to!

And she's very good at it. Her handwriting is so pretty! I am so proud of her for persevering through the printing, and overcoming her fear of doing it.

And now, a message from HRH herself...."I like cursive better than printing!" Yay, it's a happy, happy homeschool day.

No comments: