This is Olivia. She is a Princess.

This is Olivia.  She is a Princess.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hugs and Charlie

Yesterday was a crazy busy day. Margarita and I went yard sale shopping (I need a whole 'nother blog to tell about all my bargains!), Olivia had friends over, Christian is here, I had to get groceries, etc. So, after dinner last night, I realized that I hadn't sat and held her or hugged her all day. I looked at her and said, "Olivia, I don't think I've had a hug all day". She said, "WELL! Let me just take care of that!" and threw herself into my arms for a big bear hug.

After that, I read a few more chapters of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to her. I had started reading it Thursday night, amid many Royal protests that she was NOT interested, even if it WAS about chocolate. By the end of the first chapter, she was hooked. (Well, I say she was hooked...I suspect at first that she just wanted to stay up longer...she knows I have a hard time saying no to "one more chapter?") But, Friday morning I came out of the bedroom to find her on the couch, nose in the book, reading ahead to find out what was going to happen. (She skipped to the Violet Beauregard chapter because the picture of her swelled into a giant blueberry just begged to be explored). I looked up the book in one of my homeschool catalogs and they recommend it for independent reading between the ages of 9 and 12. But, that is for non-Royal readers.

No comments: